Friday 20 February 2015

Art Nouveau



Two beautiful examples of the style of art known in English as Art Nouveau which flourished between the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th.  It is known by different names in different languages: Jugendstil in Germany for instance.  Curiously in France it was given the name Modern Style.

The top card is one of Alfons Mucha's famous posters while the lower one is a perfume label from Russia.  Both were sent from Germany.

This is a post for Postcard Friendship Friday hosted on Beth Niquette's, The Best Hearts are Crunchy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, WOW! I love Art Nouveau--the style is my all-time favorite. It shows itself a lot in my own artwork. These are beautiful. I've never seen that second one. Thank you so much for posting these amazing postcards! Happy Postcard Friendship Friday! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...